Peanut Butter and Apple Slice Cheesecake
As we all know, cheesecake is a favorite at our house and going with the fall theme and because I had a bunch of apples and cream cheese to use, I created this version is in honor of son-who-loves-cheesecake who will be here for Thanksgiving. Also, cheesecake freezes really well so I’m trying to do things ahead so I can enjoy the visit from kids and the rest of the family.
- Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Servings: 16
- 2 cup(s) of peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 18 ounce(s) of cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup(s) of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) of peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) of heavy cream
- 2 cup(s) of applesauce
- 2 cup(s) of peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In food processor, pulse the cookies until finely ground then add 2 oz of cream cheese and mix. Pat into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes
- In food processor, or a mixing bowl, process remaining cream cheese with brown sugar until light and fluffy, add peanut butter, mix, then add flour and mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then the cream mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Drop the applesauce by spoonfuls and gently swirl through the batter but not mixing them completely together.
- Gently layer the sliced apples decoratively on top of the batter, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 250 and bake for about 50-60 minutes longer until the center is set but still has just a little jiggle to it. Turn the oven off, leaving the cheesecake in the oven letting it cool slowly to prevent cracks. When the oven has cooled remove and refrigerate until serving.